Monday, December 28, 2009

Does shampooing and conditioning daily damage hair?

I've heard recently that shampooing and conditioning you're hair can actually damage it. The thing is, when I was a kid, I was a bit of a lad and I never washed my hair. And now my hair is very thick and healthy, and I think that might be why. But now I'm paranoid about going bald, so I pamper my hair daily. Yet recently, somebody told me that pampering you're hair daily can damage you're hair because none of the natural oils come through. Help please?Does shampooing and conditioning daily damage hair?
if you use a harsh shampoo which is anti-dandruff or acidic then that could damage your hair as you said by removing natural oils. gentle shampoos (ones for dry/damaged hair,coconut ones) should be fine to use everyday if your hair is very greasy otherwise there is no need to wash it everyday,every other day or twice a week should be fine.Does shampooing and conditioning daily damage hair?
I do not believe having damaged hair has anything to do with going bald at all.





Damaged hair usually refers to split ends and brittleness of the actual hair itself, and I would imagine that regular shampooing and conditioning will over time damage it... but so will going outside. Sun, moisture, dryness, wind... all these things will damage hair. That is why hair grows. It's not meant to be self-maintaining. Most of the commercials you will see for hair care are all marketing crap.





It's possible that natural oils will protect your hair, but I think having a greasy mop on your head is going to be less attractive than having clean and possibly brittle hair.
YUp it's true, Shampooing and conditioning your hair daily can actually damage your hair it isn't good for your hair..


the healthy way is to actually wash your hair 2-3times a week..





but i don't think pampering your hair daily damages the hair, never heard it does..


I think if u apply healthy things to your hair it won't damage it..





I apply this Hair lotion almost everyday..


My hair is still THICK and HEALTHY..
Shampooing your hair daily can strip your hair of it's natural oils, making it dry and more prone to damage. It's best to wash your hair every other day. I wash every other day and condition every day.
Don't shampoo everyday, but you can condition every day. Shampoo every couple days.
every other day is what i do to keep my hair shiny with natural oils.
I am in the same boat as you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment